Stand and Fall Part I





15 July 2009 (the 1st day of the exhibition)

Title: Stand and Fall
Venue: KunstDoc Project Space, KunstDoc Gallery, Seoul, Korea
Exhibition Period: 15 July - 28 August 2009
Curated by Kim Hyun Jee

The first month in Korea, I had a blocked nose. I probably was allergic to pollen from pine trees.
I started to draw pine cones. I studied and simplified the cone structure,
and it ends up with a shape that resembles to Korean traditional house.

To draw attention to the exhibition, the works have to be seen through the small cutting holes.
Looking inside the container through the small cutting holes, viewers become performers.
In addition, the small opening in the container effect the size of container to be larger than life size.


The concept of this exhibition is showing viewers my working process; starting from sketches, drawings, model to installation art. I consider the exhibition room or container as my art studio,
leaving room for changes as well as experiments. The exhibition is changing every week.